Many new mothers considering a Mommy Makeover want the fewest number of surgeries for the best possible improvement in their post-pregnancy body.
That’s what an ideal Mommy Makeover is: The patient (a new mom) picks and chooses from a number of possible procedures in order to create her perfect package.
If that’s you, you’re possibly most interested in treating areas like your breasts and stomach and, less likely, your hips, and your lady bits.
These are the areas most often impacted by pregnancy and child birth.
But just because a woman has given birth, doesn’t mean she suddenly wants to become a plastic surgery aficionado.
Far from it.
For many women a Mommy Makeover will be their first brush with plastic surgery, and often, their second brush with any surgery, assuming they delivered by Cesarean section.
Thankfully, she doesn’t have to become one.
Getting a Mommy Makeover doesn’t make anyone obligated to get any procedure, and specifically does not mandate the use of breast implants (which come with long-term health concerns for some women), nor does it include a Brazilian butt lift (which is often considered the most dangerous of plastic surgery procedures.)
New moms usually aren’t at all interested in doing a surgery (like the BBL) that comes with the possible risk of death. It’s rare (and even rarer if done by a board-certified plastic surgeon), but is an unfortunate reality nevertheless.
But is a BBL included in a mommy makeover?
No. Not unless a patient specifically requests it. A butt lift can also produce appealing results that help a woman to regain her pre-pregnancy body without enduring some of the risks of a Brazilian butt lift.
Mommy Makeover vs BBL Surgery
- Mommy Makeover: May include a Brazilian butt lift as one of many procedures done to help a new mother return her body to its pre-pregnancy state or above. BBLs are not a common part of a Mommy Makeover but they’re also not unheard of as part of one. (The breasts and stomach are most commonly the focus of a Mommy Makeover, followed by the vagina, then the buttocks.)
- Brazilian butt lift: This surgery can be done on its own or as part of a Mommy Makeover. In place of a BBL, a butt lift can be done to give the buttocks a more lifted appearance. A BBL adds volume to the buttocks, a butt lift does not. BBL surgery comes with considerable risks that a new mother may wish to avoid altogether: It is one of the most dangerous plastic surgery procedures done today, and is made more dangerous by rogue surgeons, many of whom aren’t qualified plastic surgeons to begin with. BBL surgery, if desired, is best performed by a board-certified plastic surgeon.
What is a mommy makeover?
Some women seem to easily transform their bodies after giving birth, but for the majority of women, this might be difficult, it not impossible, even with dieting and exercise.
Skin stretching, abdominal muscle separation (diastasis recti), stretch marks, drooping breasts, and other physical changes brought on by pregnancy and/or age are a few examples of the changes that are hard to reverse.
A mommy makeover is a collection of aesthetic plastic surgery procedures intended to counteract these consequences, and it may comprise any of the following procedures:
- Liposuction: This body sculpting surgery helps eliminate and shape resistant fat deposits.
- Tummy Tuck: This surgery helps to define the waist, flatten the abdomen, and tighten the abdominal muscles.
- Breast Lift and/or Breast Augmentation: Breast lift helps restore perkiness and provides a lift to drooping breasts while breast augmentation is done to replenish the volume and size of the breasts, through the use of either saline or silicone breast implants.
- Arm Lift: This surgery is done to tighten the skin and tissue of the upper arms and create a toned look.
- Labiaplasty: Vaginal rejuvenation can be part of a Mommy Makeover, but it tends to be less common than liposuction, a tummy tuck, and breast lift.
What is a BBL?
Women choose to undergo a Brazilian butt lift, or BBL, in order to enhance the size and shape of their buttock.
The appearance of the buttocks region may be modified to be more attractive to the eye by adding more volume to the area as a whole.
This can be accomplished by the use of implants, fat, or both. Implants are problematic in the long-term, while fat injections are possibly fatal in the short term.
The acronym BBL refers to the surgery that is being described here, which is called a Brazilian butt lift.
A buttock lift, which includes the removal of skin and fat from this region in order to give it a more lifted appearance, is another approach to improve the form of the buttocks.
During a BBL, fat is removed from several body areas, including the belly, back, and flanks, to improve the volume and contour of the buttocks. The fat is often “harvested” through liposuction, then prepped for implantation, and ultimately implanted with the use of specialized cannulas into the soft tissues of the buttocks. That said, when utilized within a mommy makeover, the fat removed from areas like the hips or tummy can be transferred to the buttock area and sculpted to fit the body perfectly.
Can a BBL be done during a Mommy Makeover?
Yes, one of the surgeries that may be done as part of a mommy makeover is a Brazilian butt lift. During a mommy makeover, the areas that are often focused on are the buttocks, waist, breasts, and abdomen.
Other areas that may be addressed include the upper arms and the legs.
Depending on how many various operations you choose to have done during your Mommy Makeover, your surgeon may opt to split up your surgery over the course of a few different days in order to guarantee both your safety and the greatest possible results.
Benefits of combining a Mommy Makeover With a BBL
Preparing for surgery requires effort on all fronts—mental, physical, and emotional.
One benefit of incorporating a BBL into a mommy makeover is that the patient just has to have one operation, have general anesthesia once, and go through the recovery process once.
Financial benefits come from combining the two procedures into a single surgical session. Patients don’t have to pay for two rounds of anesthesia, or the hospital fee twice, nor take two separate sets of days off of work.
Additionally, adding a BBL to the mommy makeover makes the outcomes much more striking and satisfying.
Considering that the buttocks are a continuation of the back and waist, enhancing this region in conjunction with other mommy makeover procedures like a tummy tuck and breast enhancement can achieve a full body transformation and provide patients with the amazing, transformative results they are looking for.
Not only can it provide great results, but it can make a new mother feel more confident in her body.
Photographer: Karolina Grabowska