This information is provided by AestheticReport.com as part of its SurgeonSearch initiative. This initiative is independent of and uninfluenced by surgeons it provides information on. Patients should conduct their own research, which we trust the following will aid in, and are responsible for the surgeons they choose.
Dr. Anthony Youn
Dr. Anthony Youn is a board-certified plastic surgeon in private practice in Troy, Michigan. Youn is also a longtime and decently popular TV and social media personality, currently with 13 million followers between Instagram (1M), YouTube (4.1M), and TikTok (7.9M), as well as the host of the longest-running and most popular plastic surgery podcast, “The Holistic Plastic Surgery Show,” the author of multiple plastic surgery books including The Age Fix and Playing God. Youn is also the creator of an eponymous skincare line, Youn Beauty. Collectively, Dr. Anthony Youn is one of (if not the) most well-known plastic surgeons in America and abroad. Youn has increasingly become a household name in America due to his prolific social media content creation, where he creates and/or reviews and discusses not only plastic surgery, but a variety of both medical and nonmedical videos on TikTok. His social media exposure and creative antics account for much of his recent popularity, though his reputation and patient reviews as a performing plastic surgeon are also very high.
|Full name:||Anthony Sungjin Youn|
|Known as:||Dr. Youn|
|Date of Birth:||October 31, 1972|
|Profession:||Plastic Surgeon, Aesthetic|
|Board-Certified:||American Board of Plastic Surgery|
|Hospital Affiliations:||William Beaumont Hospital|
Dr. Youn’s Plastic Surgery Practice
In 2004, Dr. Anthony Youn established his own practice in Troy, Michigan, “Youn Plastic Surgery.”
|Practice name:||Youn Plastic Surgery, PLLC|
|Practice location:||Troy, Michigan|
|Address:||755 W. Big Beaver Road, Ste 1200, Troy, MI 48084|
Troy, Michigan, Nationwide, International. Accepts out-of-town and out-of-state patients.
Areas of Expertise
Youn Plastic Surgery offers all aesthetic breast, body, and facial plastic surgery procedures as well as most popular minimally invasive cosmetic procedures: injectables, laser treatments, skin peels, and more. (Procedures Dr. Youn doesn’t advise patients to get are abdominal etching, permanent fillers, donut breast lift surgery, and Brazilian butt lift surgery.)
Dr. Youn’s belief in and support of women experiencing or suffering from breast implant illness has been noted in the media.
Dr. Anthony Youn performs each of the following, which comprise many of the most popular plastic surgery procedures:
- Facelift, mini Facelift, neck lift, eyelid surgery, browlift, otoplasty (ear reshaping surgery).
- Chin augmentation, lip augmentation, jawline contouring.
- Earlobe reduction and repair
- Buccal fat pad removal
- Liposuction, liposculpting, fat transfer.
- Breast augmentation, breast lift surgery, breast reduction surgery, breast implant removal surgery (explant), inverted nipple repair
- Abdominoplasty; full, mini, and circumferential
- Cellulite reduction (nonsurgical)
Board Certifications & Memberships
Dr. Anthony Youn is a board-certified plastic surgeon. Youn is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons, Inc., which is widely regarded as the most important and prestigious certifying organization for a plastic surgeon to be recognized by.
- Member, American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, Michigan State Medical Society
- Member, Oakland County Medical Society
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine
Warning: Surgeon selection and hospital privileges
Through educational social media content, Youn pointed out in June 2022 that “Any doctor can legally perform any operation on you as long as you sign on the dotted line,” and thus advises that patients be very wary of the certification and qualifications of their surgeon of choice.
“That’s how you get ER doctors performing tummy tucks, EMTs performing breast augmentation, and family doctors performing liposuction. Even though they may have absolutely no training to perform these operations on you, it is totally legal for them to do so.
“Hospitals typically won’t let doctors perform operations like this outside of their training, so they get around this by performing it in their offices. So make sure your doctor has hospital privileges to perform your operation.
“If they don’t: Run!”
Ratings & Reviews
Dr. Anthony Youn is a highly-rated Michigan plastic surgeon with a national clientele. After a three-minute appearance on Dr. 90210 where Youn’s practice was mentioned, he was booked out for two years, prompting him to leverage the power of his own voice and social media.
Youn’s extensive use of social media and his flamboyant style have caused a small handful of surgeons to “come after” him, yet he remains ever popular with the vast majority of patients he has actually operated on.
On each of the four most commonly used patient review platforms, Dr Anthony Youn is rated between 4.3 to 5 out of 5 stars, as detailed here:
Google: 4.6 Stars based on 76 reviews
Dr. Anthony Youn is rated an overall 4.6 out of 5 stars on Google.
Of the doctor’s 76 Google reviews, 66 are 5-star and 10 are below 50star. Eight of the sub-5-star ratings provide good insight into what patients feel went wrong as well as how the doctor seems to understand and accept areas where improvements can be made. None of the ratings below 5-star relate to surgical procedures actually performed (but are of patients being turned down for various reasons, noninvasive treatments that didn’t meet expectations, and social media followers and others hoping to meet the surgeon.)
RealSelf: 4.9 Stars based on 90 reviews
Dr. Anthony Youn is rated 4.9 out of 5 stars on RealSelf.com. On this platform, Youn has a total of six reviews that are less than 5-stars: 3 include no numerical rating (not provided by patient), one 1-star rating concerns Sclerotherapy performed by a staffer at Youn Plastic Surgery, and another 1-star rating (July 2015) relates to a poor outcome after an abdominoplasty.
Yelp: 5 Stars based on 2 reviews
Youn Plastic Surgery is rated 5 out of 5 stars on Yelp.com, based on 2 reviews.
HealthGrades: 4.3 Stars based on 12 reviews
Dr. Youn is rated 4.3 out of 5 stars on HealthGrades.com, based on 12 patient reviews.
Prices & Fees
Dr. Youn’s practice website provides price estimates for the plastic surgery procedures he performs. Using that information in conjunction with patient-reported prices, Youn Plastic Surgery charges the following amounts for plastic surgical procedures:
|Service or Surgery||Cost|
|Breast Augmentation||$9,000 – $10,000|
|Breast Lift||$8,000 – $13,000|
|Breast Reduction||$13,000 – $14,000|
|Mommy Makeover||$13,000 – $16,500|
|Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty)||$11,000 – $13,000|
The pricing information above is compiled from numerous public sources. Aesthetic Report editors can not vouch for its total accuracy, but have come to believe through extensive research that it is accurate enough to be helpful to potential patients.
A patient’s actual out-of-pocket costs may vary greatly due to the unique nature of each patient’s body, and their goals for a procedure.
Surgeon Safety Profile
All plastic surgical procedures involve the risk of serious bodily injury and/or death. Industry-standard consent forms require that plastic surgery patients attest to being aware of death as a possible outcome of plastic surgery and of the anesthesia used during surgery.
Dr. Anthony Youn has no patient deaths.
Dr. Anthony Youn has never been sued by a patient.
No malpractice claims, disciplinary actions, legal allegations or lawsuits, court orders, settlements or judgments, or other related filings exist for Dr. Anthony Youn on Michigan state’s Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs (LARA) website.
An extensive review of publicly available patient ratings (as detailed above) by Aesthetic Report found that none of the few negative patient reviews for this surgeon involved safety or sterility concerns.
In March 2021, Dr Anthony Youn shared that there five plastic surgery procedures he “really discourages” people from:
“There are certain plastic surgeries being performed today that I really discourage people from considering.
“These are typically on my holistic beauty black list.”
- Abdominal etching liposuction
- Donut breast lift (circular incision around the areola only)
- Permanent injectable fillers
- Brazilian butt lift
- Breast augmentation with textured breast implants, due to their association with a rare type of cancer.
- 1972: Born in Detroit, Michigan to Steve and Kim Youn.
- 1990: Valedictorian, Greenville Senior High School
- 1998: Earns Doctor of Medicine (M.D.), Michigan State University College of Human Medicine
- General and Plastic Surgery residency, Grand Rapids MERC Plastic Surgery Residency Program
- 2004: Begins private practice in Troy, Michigan
- 2008: Television debut on Dr. 90210
- 2012: Publishes In Stitches
- 2015: Awarded, Outstanding Alumnus Award by Greenville High School Alumni Association
- 2016: Publishes The Age Fix: A Leading Plastic Surgeon Reveals How to Really Look 10 Years Younger, with Eve Adamson
- 2016: Show, The Age Fix with Dr. Anthony Youn, airs on PBS.
- 2017: “America’s Holistic Plastic Surgeon” becomes a registered trademark.
- 2019: Publishes Playing God: The Evolution of a Modern Surgeon
- 2022: Is social media’s most widely-viewed and followed U.S. plastic surgeon.
- Dr. Anthony Youn’s net worth has been variously projected as being anywhere from $2M – $42M USD.